Hike’n Sail Turkey testifies that the only way to maintain sustainable tourism in Turkey, we need to understand, promote and practice the GSTC Industry Criteria for Tour Operators.
For this purpose our policies, plans, decisions, and actions should comply with the following criteria:
- Use locally owned infrastructure for accommodation and transport where possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Make sure that all employees and others are treated with dignity and respect, and without discrimination, particularly on the bases of racial/ethnic background, ability/disability, neurodiversity, language, socioeconomic status, citizenship or land of origin, faith/religion/spiritual affiliation, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe trips.
- Educate our travelers and our providers about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Avoid pressuring the local lifestyle.
- Leave no trace in sensitive natural and cultural environments.
- Support the organizations and local communities visited by Hike’n Sail groups.
- Provide fun enjoyable trips to Hike’n Sail travelers.
- Provide opportunities for travelers to interact with local people.
- Do not tolerate the leader and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drugs.
- Actively discourage the participation of Hike’n Sail groups in activities that exploit animals, and plants – wild or domestic.
- Work with local providers that adhere to Hike’n Sail’s principles and provide the best possible service to Hike’n Sail travelers and staff.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travelers the best possible value.
- Actively reduce our carbon emissions wherever possible and offset the balance, aiming to maintain our carbon-neutral status since 2020.
- Have a strict switch-off policy for all devices if they are not in use. Avoid over-heating and over-cooling.
- If a contracted accommodation has been found to jeopardize the integrity of and the local community’s access to essential resources, essential services, access to livelihood, and access to important sites, Hike’n Sail reserves the right to terminate the contract without warning.
error: All content on this site is copyrighted! Please do NOT attempt to download.